Monday, October 22, 2012

Romney's Horses and Bayonets

Hi guys,

I just got done watching the third and final presidential debate. I must say that it was very good. I hope that many of you also got to see. It would be a shame if someone would have missed the many eloquent sayings of both candidates (Romney in particular). I just want to share, briefly, the saying that I found the funniest and also the most truthful. "We also have fewer horses and bayonets than we did in 1916, because the nature of our military has changed..." That quote, by far, was my favourite. Not only because it was witty by Obama, but also because it is true. Gone are the days in which we have to outnumber our enemies, now it is about outsmarting them, something I think we can do while still spending less on the military. After all, the military is the one sole thing that America spends most of its money on. Anyway, Kallie and I will be discussing this memorable debate on the next podcast and maybe we will even post more about our political ideas as the elections come nearer and nearer. It may be useful to have the opinion of two college kids with you when you vote.





No comments:

Post a Comment